Monday, May 4, 2009

Antelope 5K Run

On Saturday Morning we got up nice and early. It was Avery's 12 th Birthday and 4 of us were running the 5k Run for Antelope High School. We were promised no rain by the weather people but to no avail, it rained anyway. I am a fair weather exerciser outside so I was not happy. Luckily, I wore a hat and that seemed to help alot. It ended up not being so bad. Devin got third overall ( 19:30 estimate) and Brian ran it in 27:13. I jogged, walked in before 40 min. The starting line behing a new 2009 Honda Civic that is being raffled off in November. That would be fun to win.
Here I am in my funny hat. Paige ran for her soccer team but not very many of her team came out.

There were a lot of people from our ward out to support the school. That was really cool. We probably would have had more people but the weather kept many away.

Next year I hope to jog the whole thing. I am not planning on trying to beat Devin. Maybe we will get Avery and Jarret to come next year, too.


2 comments:

The Haynies said...

I cannot believe Avery is 12! Your kids are growing up way too fast. Your run looked like fun. Personally I am not a runner, but good for you guys.

eLLeMeNOPea-Jaimee and Valarie said...

Hey Robin,
I wanted to email you a thank you for participating in our Mother's Day Giveaway survey, but I don't have your email. Could you email it to me?? My email: info@ellemenopea.com

Thanks!
Jaimee Wadman
PS- Great job on the run!